Re: Is my "Time Spent" erroneous?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 08:24:51 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017, doark_at_mail.com wrote:

>>> Note how the "Time Spent" varies apparently randomly from a factual 3
>>> seconds to 1:11:38. Anyone know why?
>
> I'd like to but I'm experiencing some down time (laptop died and I'm stuck
> with a tether for Internet), and I'm not certain how exactly curl was
> compiled.

I'm pretty sure this weird time was the result of one of the 'time_t'
regressions in lib/timeval.c that we've subsequently fixed. As the forum post
[*] accurately points out, 1:11:38 is basically 2^32 microseconds.

If this issue can be reproduced using 7.56.1 or git master I'd be most
interested, but I feel pretty certain this is already fixed.

[*] = https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=8118520#8118520