Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

From: Arthur Yu via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:22:07 +0000

Thank our very much! So how can I set --proxy-insecure? I'm sorry I'm not
familiar with cURL, should I edit any file or input it on cmd? I'm running
a windows PC and I got cURL directly from R.

Thank you!

Arthur

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017, Arthur Yu via curl-users wrote:

> SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

This usually indicates that the server (which I suppose is the HTTPS proxy
in
your case) doesn't provide the intermediate certificate. If so, that's an
error on your proxy's behalf. It is usually less of a problem for browsers
since they cache such certificates and some even support AIA that lets them
download them on demand.

Using --proxy-insecure will of course work around that error but will make
your connection to the proxy **insecure**.

Here's a page describing intermediate certificates:

   https://blogs.cisco.com/security/where-is-my-intermediate-tls-certificate

Yours SIncerely,
Qianfan Yu