SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

From: 于千帆 via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:25:08 -0500

Dear sir or madam,

I’m trying to use quantmod package in R to get financial data from Yahoo. It works perfectly on my personal laptops (Mac and Win). But I cannot make it work on my working computer (Win7). Here's the error code:

Error in curl::curl_download(cu, tmp, handle = h) :
SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
I have tried to solve the problems in the following ways:

1. install httr package
2. Delete curl, quantmod and reinstall
3. Update to the latest version of R, RStudio, curl, httr, RCurl and quantmod
4. Install openssl package
5. Set ssl_verifypeer = 0L

Unfortunately, none of the above works. I had this problem earlier when I was trying to download a file using R. At that time, I switched to wget and made it work. But now I'm using an existing package and I have no idea how to solve this problem. BTW, fetch data from google finance works but Google only provide ~ 4000 records per request.
I think our company has some restrictions on SSL but I'm totally fine in accessing websites start with https://

I have spent a week to solve this problem but I didn't make any progress. Now, I'm wondering is that possible to fix it? Any ideas will be helpful!

Thanks to all the contributors, have a great one!

Best,
Arthur