Using curl for a an HTTP POST API request- Where to type the HTTP request

From: Alex Fontaine via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 12:34:08 +0000

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a course on REST API and new to coding and all this. As part of my duties I need to use curl for an HTTP POST or GET query to a Watson Text to speech API in Bluemix/IBM cloud platform. I have downloaded the WIN 64 Mingw executable and compatible SSL curl version as instructed and added manually added it to my PATH on my settings.

I tried to launch the curl exe file, some files start to download but then it stops, as if something is missing. I read most of the docs both on curl and bluemix websites but am still confused on how and where to type the HTTP request on the command line tool so that it links to the API and send me back an audio file.

Does anyone knows what I should do or what is missing please?

Many thanks!

Alex