curl 7.35.0 sending FIN after TCP retransmission received

From: Catalin Stoica via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 17:58:15 +0300

Hi! I am using curl 7.35.0 to fetch a large chunked json from a remote
server running Apache/2.4.7, using https connection.

It seems like after few hours, the transfer just stops on the client (curl)
side and the reason within server logs appears as user aborted.

I've attached screenshot with last few captured packets, when this happens.

[curl_version]
$ curl -V
curl 7.35.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.35.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1f zlib/1.2.8
libidn/1.28 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3
pop3s rtmp rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz
TLS-SRP

[curl_verbose_excerpt]
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Server: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

Not sure what I should try to check/troubleshoot next, so I'd appreciate
any piece of advise! Thanks!