Mail received but message body is empty

From: Dutch Raf via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:19:47 +0000

Hi all,

Solved it!

The problem was the content of the mailtxt.txt.
All the required CRLF as described in RFC 5322 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322.html> were missing in the content of the file.

Specifically after the last header and all the CRLF in the message body.

In VIM and VI you can create the DOS version of CRLF that are needed by typing CTRL-V followed by CTRL-M.

So curl does exactly what it is supposed to do conform RFC 5322. For me a reminder to RTFM :-)

My original file, content of the file is in between "---------": (created in VIM)

Output is from the command: cat -eT ./mailtxt.txt

it will show the $ character for the linux variant of CRLF.

The message text is ignored by the MS Exchange server. Only the subject is in the received e-mail.

---------