Re: [Need your help] Very weird issue: why does curl close the http connection with slow networks?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 22:50:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017, A Abc via curl-users wrote:

> curl: (18) transfer closed with 682811 bytes remaining to read

If you didn't specify a timeout, this is *the server* (or something in your
network) closing the connection before the transfer was complete.

But when curl does this due to a timeout, it is supposed to return a time-out
error message so I'm inclined to say this was someone else closing the
connection.

> chrome(v57.0.2987) has similar issue.

... which I think only enforces the suspicion that this is not a client-side
problem.

> then, I add a test API on server applicaiton, it will write some bytes into
> response, then sleep 5 seconds, then continue to write response. But curl is
> waiting here, no broken, no FIN+ACK.

I don't understand this point.