Re: How to make libcurl show content while updating?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 23:24:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017, Rodrigo Zanatta Silva wrote:

> Lol, but you don't understand.

I think I do understand what you claim, but I maintain that's not how libcurl
works.

> The libcurl will only get the page after it finish. So, it will take 110
> seconds and than show all eleven lines.

That's incorrect. libcurl gets everything as soon as it arrives over the
network. If you have to wait 110 seconds for the data to get sent to the
application, that is because the server didn't send the data until then! (or
more accurately, it wasn't read by libcurl until then)

libcurl has no such delays or waiting times. libcurl does not buffer up things
internally before it passes on the data (more than its buffer that it uses
when recv()ing data from the kernel).