Re: How to use cURL in cron?

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:27:47 -0400

On 10/10/2016 07:42 AM, Chanikya Nadh Desu via curl-users wrote:

Do you have crond installed and running?
**end quote**

I have been thinking about doing things with cron that would work really
nicely if I could execute curl as an application running on a distant
machine which would send a file to me. I can and do log in using ssh but
it involves a bunch of typing and it's difficult to automate in a remote
machine's crontab when I don't know when I next want it.

I spent a half hour trying to find out about "crond" and as far as I
know now it doesn't exist. But it would be a nice name for a cron that
would reply to requests other than those created by a WWW oriented sales
pitch.