Re: a new logo!

From: Leif W <warp9pnt9_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:42:59 -0400

On 2016-05-27 06:48, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that we have a new logo for the project. We've

Not crazy about it, but it is generally passable. I don't hate it. :)
However, I'd suggest a few tweaks.

1) The very slight variation in colors on the 2nd '/' does strange
things to my eyes, not good things (depth and shade perception issues,
sense or vertigo, nausea, might trigger a migraine headache). I'd
suggest making both lines the same color.

2) Not crazy about the heavily serifed 'l' (el) in comparison to the
mildly serifed 'u' and 'r'.

3) The hollow ':' colon and '/' endpoint circles also interrupt the
left-to-right eye flow a little too much. Maybe play with a bit
inwardly thicker line and smaller whitespace there.

4) To compensate for making both '//' the same color, for the sake of
the '://' small icon version, and just in general to be less bland, I
introduced a dark red color for the ':'. However, I do note that the
dark red-ish and green-ish colors are probably awful similar for the
color blind. Hopefully not to the point of irritation as I experienced.

I have created a quick 'mod' to demonstrate what I am talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/e0wKuUb.png

Leif

P.S. I miss the retro logo already, but I do enjoy the new logo (with
the mods).