Re: A small nudge to fix a frequent -X misuse?

From: Space One <space_at_wechall.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 16:23:27 +0100

Good that you ask then. I can't write a definite and detaied text there
that tells you exactly what the problem is and how to fix it since you
may actually want to do exactly what you ask of curl - hence it is just
a warning.
What about this text:
"/Warning: Please consider using -I/--head otherwise setting custom HTTP
method to HEAD may not work the way you want. "

> So what exactly do you want to do?
I want to make a HEAD request, nothing else.
>> I also don't know what to do now. I tried using "-is" but this does a
>> GET request again.
>
> Yes, -I (--head) is the option to ask for a HEAD request.

But why isn't -XHEAD just rewritten to -I internally instead of that
warning? What are the differences? -X HEAD doesn't close the connection
while -I does?