Re: Download SSL Server Certificate?

From: Boris Lenz <boris.lenz_at_ims.sells.ch>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 12:48:57 +0200

On Wed, October 7, 2015 11:00, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> The server sends its certificate so that you (as a client) can verify that
> you're communicating with the correct server.

Yes, so at this point I already "downloaded" the certificate(s). Now I
want to print/store them so that I can actually have a look at them. With
openssl, this can be done with the -prexit option:

openssl s_client -connect host.comm:443 -showcerts -prexit

> Client certificates are not used a lot

They are, however, more common in Corporate PKI environments than in the
Internet.

So all I wanted to know is whether there's a curl equivalent to the
openssl's feature mentioned above, to print out the cert (chain), even in
cases where the actual handshake fails. Apparently, there isn't.

Regards,
Boris