If a given url has serveral host IP addresses, which one curl will take?

From: Wang Meng <qingyu1990_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:45:24 +0800

Hi,
    Here is my question:
    If I curl a url just like this:curl http://curl.haxx.se/
<curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
    Maybe curl will call the function gethostbyname_r(or something
related) to resovle this url, gethostbyname_r will find one or more host
IP addresses of this url.
    My question is when curl get one more host IP addresses from
gethostbyname_r, which one it will take to connect?
    I thought curl will traversal addresses in h_addr_list from the first
to the end, if it got a usable host IP address, it will break and do the
transfer work, if transfer work done on this usable address, curl will give
the result and exit.

    Thanks!

Meng Wang.