Re: curl HTTP cheat sheet

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 13:15:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Space One wrote:

> I think this is nice but IMHO it must be apparent / obvious directly via
> "curl --help".

I'm not sure it "must" be there, but I can see how it could help...

> I won't look at this cheat sheet when I use curl via command line. That's
> why I suggested grouping the --help output into sections like e.g. HTTP,
> SSL, FTP, SSH, Connection, ...

I don't think anyone opposes that idea. But since lots of options are for
multiple protocols or "sections" it really isn't that easy to put them in a
single specific one. So I'm more in favour of:

> Another idea was to have something like curl --help-topic HTTP which could
> print an ASCII art like this.

... yes I agree, and it could show the help output for all options that are
marked relevant for http. And we could have virtually any amount of topics.

We just need someone to implement it! =)