Re: Is it possiable to let the `PROGRESS METER' give precise results upto bytes?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 17:23:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 May 2015, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> The `PROGRESS METER' of curl also uses `K' and `M' for the data transfer
> progess it observed.
>
> can this be controlled by options/switches so that I can always let
> `PROGRESS METER' give precise results upto bytes?

No, there's no such option. And actually, it would be a bit tricky to support
too since we're carefully not using more than 79 columns to fit in most
terminals and if we'd show every byte we could end up with really large
numbers...

You can get the exact number with the progress callback from libcurl, but that
of course then requires you to use a libcurl binding.