Finding specific files/directories from a remote http/ftp server with curl.

From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 07:28:41 +0800

Hi all,

Suppose I have some remote http/ftp servers, named as follows:

ftp://ftp.example.net.
http://www.example.com.

And I want to finding some specific files/directories from these sites with
curl.

To do this, I must let my local curl client to do a traversing among all of
the corresponding sub-directories for searching. Say, if I want to find
all of the `foo/file' on these servers, i.e., a file named file
which is located under the foo directory. How can I do this thing within
bash/shell script with the invoking on curl?

Regards

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry