RE: Using LDAP with cURL give error 48

From: Osipov, Michael <michael.osipov_at_siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 08:31:56 +0000

> Hi folks,
>
> [...]
> Now let's call cURL:
> $ ./curl 'ldap://host.company.net'
> curl: (48) An unknown option was passed in to libcurl
>
> Any ideas?
>
> The very same request works flawlessly with ldapsearch but I'd like to
> stay with curl because we use it already for HTTP and SMTP.

That was completely my fault. I have a prebuilt version von curl in /usr/local/lib
Which as linked to the local curl. LD_LIBRARY_PATH did the trick.

Sorry for the noise.

Unfortunately, is the LDAP bind not in the state which can be used correctly with SASL.
I will provide patches at a later point.

Michael