Re: SHA2 failed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 13:45:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Cathy Weng wrote:

Your email was sent to the curl-users list as well as CC'ed elsewhere, but
since you aren't subscribed to curl-users it didn't reach that list. This
response will however. Please subscribe to be able to follow-up!

> We have been used cURL since 2013 and everything was fine until the
> certificates has been updated to SHA2.
>
> cUrl is failed for certificates based on SHA-2. Is there any update for this
> issue?

You need to give us more details. Like which curl version are you using and
which TLS backend does it use?

Modern versions of curl and the TLS libraries should have no problems with
SHA-2.

> The following message has mentioned a patch. Where is it?
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2014-10/0052.html mk-ca-bundle: added
> SHA-384 signature algorithm

That mentioned patch was for mk-ca-bundle.pl and is known as commit
3621045631ef:

  https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/3621045631ef