Why does my curl script go stale?

From: Bill T <nobillity_at_outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:36:59 -0500

Newbie here...

I have written a script to periodically login and check an online account balance. It works for a month then stops working. I created it with the help of developer tools in chrome. There is an option to 'copy command as curl'. I was able to use this method to get curl commands for a POST and GET event which I think correspond to login and account page. I only need to invoke curl twice to get this done. So why does it stop working after a while?

My main suspect is the sessionid. But why would the sessionid last for a month? Or is it something else I am overlooking?