Curl doesn't responds to FIN requests.

From: trilok nuwal <tc.nuwal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:52:44 +0530

HI All,

we are using the persistent connection between client and server.
Connection remains alive around 15 seconds after the last use and then
server sends the FIN request which curl responds with ACK but it doesn't
sends the FIN that means it doesn't close the sockets which cause
connection to remain alive even after server sends FIN.

later after 2 mins, server sends the RESET and finally curl closes the
connection.

we have questions ??

It is by design or it is a bug in curl ?

Do we as CURL users, have some mechanism to know that the server has sent
the FIN and we forcefully close the socket. We have registered open_socket
and close_socket callback. We gets the close socket callback only when
server sends the RESET.

Bets regards,
Trilok