Ship curl command line tool with Mac OS X software

From: Marco Baldassarre <m.baldassarre_at_gmde.it>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:51:39 +0100

Hi there,
I currently rely in my Mac application on curl command line tool shipped with Mac OS X and installed by default in /usr/bin/curl.

Altho this approach has worked so far, I have found some inconsistencies between 7.24 and 7.30 versions of cURL regarding the use of double-quotes marks in the syntax.

As such, I'd like to change my approach and ship a compiled version of cURL with my software, without relying anymore on the (changing between OS versions) cURL supplied by the Mac OS X platform.

How can I do that? Ideally, I'd like to have a 7.30 version that I can call from /Applications/MyApp/bin/curl , and that works on Mac OS X from 10.7 to 10.10 without being dependent on any other library.

Is that even possible?

Thanks for your help
Marco