Re: http/2 multiple post requests

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 23:24:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, Scott Mitchell wrote:

>> curl will attempt to use the same connection for both (all) requests but
>> probably something makes the server or curl to close that connection and
>> make a new one for the second one.

> curl is saying that it can re-use connection 0 and then issues the second
> stream 3 request. Other than curl attempting to re-try the request I don't
> see how this relates to the second connection being made.

I don't see curl mentioning any second connection?

> I have included the application data portion of the -v output below but are
> there any other debug flags that may be useful?

There's no additional level but you can get also the protocol "body" parts
with --trace and --trace-ascii.

> It would be helpful to know where a protocol error is being triggered from
> or in general why it is being triggered.

I agree that it would be useful at least at times, but we may need to add more
logging for that.

> The server I am attempting to communicate with is nghttp2 based and I am
> able to communicate with it from a Netty based client.

Well, we are also able to communicate with nghttp2 based servers...

> Do you have a curl example command that mimics the described request scheme
> (2 post requests, first response is headers only, second response is headers
> + data) against a test server?

I'm sorry but can you show us a curl command line that doesn't work ?

> * SSLv2, Unknown (23):

That looks bad!

> * Connection #0 to host 10.0.2.2 left intact
> * Found bundle for host 10.0.2.2: 0x2073200
> * Re-using existing connection! (#0) with host 10.0.2.2
> * Connected to 10.0.2.2 (10.0.2.2) port 13443 (#0)

... this shows curl re-using an existing connection for the next transfer. No
new connection there. Are you saying this message output is incorrect?