Re: ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `SSLv2_client_method'

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 23:25:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014, Bisera Milosheska wrote:

> I have openssl-1.0.1i and I am getting this error when I try to install
> curl-7.38.0-DEV:
>
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `SSLv2_client_method’

That would indicate some badness somewhere. libcurl already knows about and
acknowledges the OPENSSL_NO_SSL2 symbol that openssl is supposed to have set
if it was built without SSLv2 support. And then it shouldn't use
SSLv2_client_method.

Your problem seems to rather indicate a mix of openssl libs/versions somehow.
Like that it uses headers at built-time that is for another openssl
installation than what the run-time linked finds at load-time.

> I have seen some solutions that I can make changes to the ssluse.c file, but
> there is no such file in my curl/lib/ directory. Do you have any suggestions
> on how to solve this?

First, the file formerly known as ssluse.c is now called vtls/openssl.c - but
as I said libcurl already has this issued solved. This is rather a sympthom
that something is fishy in your build/setup.