-J "Refusing to overwrite..."

From: Mo Cassidy <mo.cassidy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:20:46 -0500

If I run `curl -O http://example.com/somepath/someresource`, curl will save
the output to `someresource` in the current directory. If I run the same
command over and over, it keeps overwriting the file.
If I run `curl -O -J http://example.com/somepath/someresource`, it will use
whatever the server sends in the `Content-Disposition` header as the
filename (let's say it's "mydownload.txt"). However subsequently running
the same command causes cURL to output

    Warning: Refusing to overwrite what_it_is.png: File exists

then...

    curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 29)

It seems like the inconsistent behaviour will cause confusion. Is there
some way to force cURL to overwrite the file?

Note: I'm using cURL 7.37.0 on Windows 7 x64 (
http://www.confusedbycode.com/curl/curl-7.37.0-win64.msi)