Re: upload of a file using cURL hangs and eventually times out with zero bytes transferred

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:41:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 May 2014, Perrin, Brandon S wrote:

> I have been attempting to upload a file using ftps (--ftp-ssl) to an FTPS
> server, I can see in the verbose log that I am successfully connecting and
> attempting to upload my file however I can see in the log where the session
> hangs up on the "SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):" and then
> eventually times out, below is the command being issued and a portion of the
> verbose logging showing the STOR command and then the timeout :

Yes, we can see clearly how curl fails to connect the second connection FTP
wants to use for the data.

A common reason for this is that there's a state-full firewall somewhere in
your path and since the control channel was now done encrypted the firewall
isn't aware of the new port number curl wants to use...