cURL dynamically rendering subsequent URLs and maintaining connection

From: Adnan Chowdhury <adnanchowdhury88_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:22:53 -0400

Hello,

I am currently working with a web-app that uses SSO to connect clients to
another related web-app.

I am trying to keep-alive the connection that is used on the first web-app
to the second web-app to maintain authentication.

There is a step in which I need to make a request to the first web app to
receive a unique URL, which is a link to the second web app.

My question is, is it possible for cURL (or maybe some tooling in between)
to send a request to a URL, parse the response, and use that response to
generate the second URL to make a request to, all the while maintaining the
connection?

Thanks,
Adnan