Unable to build dll version of curl 7.36.0 on Windows

From: Edward LoPinto <webmaster_at_confusedbycode.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:41:26 -0400

Dear cURL Users,

I'm attempting to build curl 7.36.0 on Windows to put together a new
installer package. I'm able to build the statically linked exe, but I'm
having trouble with the dll version and libcurl.dll. I'm using the same
build process that I used successfully for the previous three versions, and
I can't figure out what's going wrong.

I'm using Visual Studio Express 2013 on Windows 7 Pro. I use the x64 Cross
Tools Command Prompt for the 64-bit version, and I use the x86 Native Tools
Command Prompt for the 32-bit version. I use the following build command
from the winbuild directory, with the MACHINE option set for the appropriate
architecture:

nmake -f Makefile.vc MODE=dll
WITH_DEVEL=C:\Users\Edward\Documents\cURL\deps64\dll2013 WITH_SSL=dll
WITH_SSH2=dll WITH_ZLIB=dll ENABLE_WINSSL=no MACHINE=x64

In both cases, I receive the following errors:

tool_cb_rea.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol curlx_read
referenced in function tool_read_cb
..\builds\libcurl-vc-x64-release-dll-ssl-dll-zlib-dll-ssh2-dll-ipv6-sspi-spn
ego\bin\curl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\BIN\x86_amd64\link.exe"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I suspect the problem is in the either warnless.c or warnless.h, as those
are the only files I could find in the version 7.36 with new references to
curlx_read. However, I really don't know what I'm talking about, so I'd
appreciate any insights from anyone. (And of course, it's possible that I'm
making an obvious mistake, or I somehow broke one of the third-party
dependencies...)

Thanks,
Edward LoPinto