Re: How do I know when to use option xxx

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:43:53 +0100

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 03:24:07PM -0500, frank ernest wrote:
> --ftp-method multicwd nocwd singlecwd How do I know when to use it?
> --referer  How do I know when to use it?
> --location-trusted How do I know when to use it?

You use those options when you need them, of course!

Seriously, though, if you don't know what they're for, then you likely don't
need them. --ftp-method is useful when dealing with FTP servers that do not
follow the RFCs w.r.t. directory permissions, or for increasing efficiency of
some kinds of transfers on servers that support non-RFC CWD commands.
--referer is used to simulate following links like web browsers do.
--location-trusted is needed when retrieving authenticated URLs on servers that
aren't set up very well in terms of security.

>>> Dan