Re: Curl HTTP Get Requests Slow Under MS-Windows?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 23:44:28 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Kev wrote:

> If it hadn't been for the fact that IE and wfetch retrieve the file much
> faster I would have put the blame on my VM.
>
> Is there anything else you can suggest?

Sure, for example the simple thing to increase CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE by a factor
of 4 or 8 or something.

Other than so, I'm a bit puzzled and I would perhaps try to monitor (if
possible) what the other faster networking tools do to make this work.

I don't have windows and I don't know windows, I'm not a suitable person to
debug this myself, but I certainly would like what weird things that are going
on here. One would imagine a modern operating system would just do fast
transfers by default...