Question on posting

From: Jerry Geis <geisj_at_pagestation.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:37:45 -0500

When I use a command like this to transfer and un-encrypted CSV:
curl --request POST http://x.x.x.x/smjerry.cgi --data-binary @/tmp/file.csv
-H "Content-type: text/plain"
My file gets uploaded just fine.

However, when I try to "passphrase encrypt" the CSV with gpg and use the
same command
(but file name is now file.gpg and not file.csv" it does not get
successfully transfered.
when I save the file and then try to decrypt - it is not successful.

What might I be doing wrong?

I also then tried to uuencode the gpg but that failed also.
I have to have be doing something silly - but I dont see it.

Basically just trying to send across a gpg file, receive it, save it, an
decode it.

Thanks,

jerry