Re: Which version of certdata.txt is preferred for mk-ca-bundle, and why?

From: Leif W <warp9pnt9_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:08:03 -0500

On 2013-12-16 16:22, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> mozilla-incoming
> -central
> -aurora
> -beta
> -release
>
> So incoming gets the changes first, and then they will trickle down
> into the other trees when and if they meet the correct criterias.
>
> Using those names as short names for where to pick the certdata seems
> appropriate to me. And we could default to 'release' which probably
> would be conservatively appropriate.

It bugged me, not knowing what the folks over at Mozilla would suggest,
so I asked. :) Waiting for reply. The nss tree seems most
appropriate, it has more updated info, and seems to be used by central,
aurora, beta and other things. For now, I'll put it on release. We can
revisit and finalize this based on what response I get from Mozilla or
how strongly the release tree would be preferred. It's easily changed.
Here's a preliminary diff for any comments.

Suggestions on doing anything different, wording, simplifying, etc.?

Tested with the short names (documented in the -h usage), and with a url
from a file hosted on a local server. Seemed to work.

Leif