Re: Parsing in src/tool_parsecfg.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 23:40:49 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> But I'm not sure all is kosher in handling of '\' in Windows paths with
> spaces. Those path/file-names should be quoted, right?

Eeehmm... That's of course a whole separate can of worms. And a pretty nasty
one too.

> random-file e:\net\lynx28\rand.fil

> curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_RANDOM_FILE, "e:\\net\\lynx28\\rand.fil");

> random-file "c:\Program Files\Random Source.fil"
>
> curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_RANDOM_FILE, "c:Program FilesRandom
> Source.fil");

... right, the second one fails because we have backslash as an escape
character within the double-quoted string just like it works in *nix shells,
which of course makes it a bit problematic.

Judging by the fact that nobody reported this until now I figure it isn't a
major issue, but it would still be nice to have a fix for it.

What is a good fix? Change the escaping letter for Windows-builds? Is there
any similar escaping letter in for example windows command lines?