Re: Connection close with HTTP proxies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:08:38 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Michael-O wrote:

> though I did not fully understand the code. Does you answer imply that a
> connection is only closed when no continuation is necessary, e.g. not
> 401/407, 301, etc.?

The closure is only interesting after the response has been handled. In the
200 case that's basically not happening because as soon as the tunnel to the
peer has started there's no way for the proxy to again inject any data/headers
to the client.

If the response is not 200 then there's no tunnel setup but just a "normal"
response and then the close is relevant. Especially for 401/407 responses when
curl needs to send another request.