RE: Problem running curl

From: Young,Jim <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:19:10 +0000

>Hi Malcolm,

>Thank you for your email. I confirm that I'm running a Cygwin terminal on a Windows machine. Unfortunately I don't have installed >Symnatec as antivirus, I've McAfee but I don't know if it is responsible of the problem. Unfortunately I can't stop McAfee because I'm >not an administrator of my pc.
>I was looking to McAffe log but I can't find any message about some kill of curl.
>Do there is a way to run curl in a kind of debug mode to hopefully get some message?

What do you get if you run

curl -V

(with an upper case V)

That should produce a message something like this:

curl 7.27.0 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0) libcurl/7.27.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8x zlib/1.2.7 libidn/1.24 libssh2/1.2.7
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz

telling you what version of curl you're running along with other information like what libraries it's linked with, what protocols it supports etc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.