RE: Problem using CURL behind a proxy using proxytunnel option, seemingly a bug has been introduced since version 2.27

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:03:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Yuri.VANHAEREN_at_ext.ec.europa.eu wrote:

>> Any chance you can take this issue over to the curl-library list and try to
>> debug the Curl_proxyCONNECT function? Adding a bunch of printfs or whatever
>> could be a perfect start!
>
> I'll gladly mail this to wherever you think is most appropriate but I'd like
> to avoid having to compile stuff myself here, that would lead me to far...

Fair enough, but then I also don't know how to proceed from here.

>> I'd say RFC3986 disagrees with you.

> I'd say RFC 3986 is dated January 2005, whereas the thesis first detailing
> REST was written in 2000.

So you argue that you are right and RFC 3986 is wrong? It seems like a tough
position to take. RFC 3986 may be modern but it is just one out of a series of
specs out of which the first was published long before that. Also, IETF people
don't just invent things out of the air.

> Regarding making a patch for it : I'd love to but there's only so many
> projects I can handle

Right I understand, but we're all in that position! Additionally, just
providing a convincing argument would take this a long way and after being
convinced the actual writing of a patch for this would be a small thing.