Re: curl upload on ftp serv through proxy

From: <kinbull_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:56:59 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you for this speed reply

regards

----- Mail original -----
De: "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>
À: "the curl tool" <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Envoyé: Mardi 6 Août 2013 15:24:00
Objet: Re: curl upload on ftp serv through proxy

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, kinbull_at_free.fr wrote:

> I configure a mandriva server with proxy SQUID, I add somme arguments like
> this to pass through the proxy :

> curl -U user_proxy:pass_proxy -x serveur_proxy:port -T file
> ftp://user_ftp:pass_ftp@serv_ftp/rep/
>
> no upload

This will convert the ftp upload into a HTTP PUT, which the proxy probably
won't magically convert back to a FTP upload for you.

You typically can't do FTP uploads through a HTTP proxy unless you tunnel
through it with CONNECT (--proxy-tunnel). But then proxies also rarely are
setup to allow you to CONNECT through to port 21...