CURL connection through zeromq

From: Robert Lefebure <robert.r.lefebure_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:44:40 -0400

I want to connect to a server script written in C++ that is in alpha right
now. It has a functioning GUI client written in JAVA.

I'm not familiar with either language but have used CURL on a few projects
so I have some CURL experience and am pursuing building a PHP client GUI .

What I would like to do is to connect to the server using PHP and CURL. I
am used to sending and receiving with GET and POST with CURL via HTTP but
the script is using the zeromq protocol in a layer on top of ftp, which is
totally foreign to me. Can or does CURL use the zeromq protocol?

Thanks in advance.

Robert