Dealing with JAVA Plugin on Webserver

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:29:05 -0400

A site I've been using curl to login and access account info has implemented a JAVA application plugin for computer recognition and registration in the name of increased security. My script (now in php) is running as cron on a Linux web server. Firefox (on local machine - for development access) is warning that this application will have access to system wide resources.

Can cURL mimic this plugin to satisfy the remote server's need? Does this fall under CGI? If no to either of these, what is an alternate method to accomplish this? I have thought about bringing the script local, but that may not work either, if cURL cannot activate the plugin.

Any ideas?

David