Re: dependency issue with libcurl.so.3 vs libcurl.so.4

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 13:35:56 +0200

On Tuesday 04 June 2013 13:16:48 Gopikrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:
> Hi Kamil,
>
> Yes you are right. By mistake I have shared the output of RHEL5.1
> Development server wherein I build my application.
>
> Now you can have a look of RHEL 6.4 my local server to build my
> application.
>
> [root_at_vqe-vm iso]# pkg-config --libs libcurl
> -lcurl
> [root_at_vqe-vm iso]# rpm -qa | grep curl
> libcurl-devel-7.19.7-35.el6.x86_64
> libcurl-7.19.7-35.el6.i686
> curl-7.19.7-35.el6.x86_64
> libcurl-7.19.7-35.el6.x86_64
> libcurl-devel-7.19.7-35.el6.i686
> python-pycurl-7.19.0-8.el6.x86_64
> [root_at_vqe-vm iso]#
> [root_at_vqe-vm iso]# rpm -qa redhat-release\*libcurl\* | sort -V
> No files found.

There is a typo in the above command (a missing space). The question is
whether the build system of your application actually uses pkg-config, whether
it runs with the same environment as your interactive shell, etc. I would
suggest to check the command that runs the linker while you are building your
application (as someone already suggested here on the list). If the linking
phase is not verbose enough, you can run it through strace, to see the real
order of attempts when looking for libraries and the actual files being read
during the linking.

Kamil