Reg proxy authentication random error in Windows OS

From: narayanan manikandan <manika324_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 00:00:19 +0800 (SGT)

I am using libcurl to do HTTP request. My application is running in Windows and I have to send some requests to the server. I am able to communicate with the server without any issues when there are no proxy involved. However issue arised when I have to go through proxyserver which mandates authentication. I am getting “Authorization Required: 407” randomly. At times it goes through and connects but at time it fails. I explored the options in libcurl but i could not able to make it work. Below are my settings with regards to proxy I have tried curlResultCode = curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_PROXY, <proxy-server>); curlResultCode = curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_PROXYPORT, <port number>); //curlResultCode = curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH, CURLAUTH_ANY); OR curlResultCode = curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH, CURLAUTH_NTLM); I have tried both ANY and NTLM. At times i am getting "Authentication required: 407" during the easy perform. I need some help in understanding what I have dones wrong here and to resolve the random behavior. I assume I do not need to supply user name and password as I assume curl will be able to retrieve during the transfer (as it worked in some cases) Sincerely,