Re: Query regarding error number 139 raised during SFTP operation by CURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:00:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 May 2013, anitha achar wrote:

>   While using the following command for SFTP using CURL, a segmentation
> fault is observed with the error number 139 :   curl -u <username> passwd>
> --retry 2 --connect-timeout 2 --retry-delay 540 --sftp-create-dirs -k -T
> <tarfile> sftp://<ipv4addr>/<path>/<tarfile>
>
>   Could you please help me understand the reason for this? How can this be
> rectified?

1. Make sure you use recent libcurl and libssh2 versions

2. Build then with debug symbols still present (configure --enable-debug
perhaps)

3. Use valgrind or gdb to get more info on the crash.

4. Unless you find the root cause, post all the additional details here or to
the suitable library list (curl-library or libssh2-devel)