Re: dumping contents along with attached files using cURL

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:56:42 -0600

On Mar 19, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Alona Rossen <arossen_at_opentext.com> wrote:

> Recursive fetching as exactly what we need. We need to recursively fetch contents, to preserve the hierarchy, along with attachments.

With the exception of the curl tool's Metalink option, curl is mainly a "big dumb pipe" that sends and receives data, and doesn't parse anything other than certain responses from the server. If you want to fetch recursively with curl, then you will need to parse the results of fetching the link, generate full URLs from partial URLs if necessary, and then load those URLs if they haven't been loaded yet. Good luck.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>