Re: curl_global_init function in child process

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 12:01:26 -0700

On Feb 18, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Ajay Tanpure <ajaytanpure92_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using curl library in my application to make http post request and receive the responses from the server.
>
> But when i have created child using fork() system call, something went wrong and other function like curl_setpot(), init() didn't work.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to make curl function work in child process.

This is OT for this list because this list is about the command line tool and not the library, so please take follow-ups to the library list.

Anyway, what OS are you using, and what version of curl are you using? In some OSes, you must call one of the exec() functions after calling fork() or strange things will happen inside the child task.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>