Re: New Learner

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 10:48:28 +0100

On 02/05/2013 06:09 AM, soo hong Khoo wrote:
> Dear sir,
> Thank you for the reply, I am very sorry if I ask stupid questions....I
> look up the link you gave over and over but I
> still cannot understand how to save the code file.
> I have curl.exe in my C\: and when I double click on the curl.exe
> application, a command window
> open and closed for a split second.
> I want to start with just getting the main page.....
> ' curl http://curl.haxx.se -o "file_#1.txt '
> Is this all I type in notepad and what file extension to save....Do i
> save this file as ....
> a) curl_beginner.txt
> b) curl_beginner.curl

The curl.exe program is supposed to be run from the command line. You
need to open a command line window:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chdos.htm

After that, you run the curl commands there:

C:\> curl -o file1.txt "http://curl.haxx.se"

If you have written the commands in Notepad, save the file as
curl_beginner.bat and run the .bat file in the command window:

C:\> curl_beginner

Something like that. I am not a Windows user myself.

Linus