Re: SIGPIPE downloading with redirection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 23:28:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:

> I get SIGPIPE in curl (so exit code 141 in linux), if I take a long download
> with a redirection. Curl keeps the former connection open, while it
> downloads, and at the end it tries to write something to that former
> connection.

What on earth would it try to write to it at that point? Can you strace it and
see what the offending attempted write is?

> I'm using curl 7.28.0, and tried it on two different gnu/linuces, arm,
> x86_64 and i686, reproduced everywhere.

You seem to have something between you and the target server that kills the
connection after a while (5 mins?) and I don't, so when I've tried with curl
7.28.0 and 7.28.2-DEV (curl-7_28_1-129-g11f55a9) from my place nothing bad
happens!