AW: HTTPS CURL get slower than HTTP

From: <Alexander.Elgert_at_external.t-systems.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:52:36 +0100

Von: curl-users [curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] im Auftrag von Daniel Stenberg [daniel_at_haxx.se]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. November 2012 11:43
An: the curl tool
Betreff: Re: HTTPS CURL get slower than HTTP

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, Sagar Hagawne wrote:

(I restored to a sensible Subject)

> 1) The delay issue only occurs the first time that curl_easy_perform()
> is called.

> The problem seems to be some sort of initializing issue. We are using
> version of curl 7.27.0.

To figure out in detail what's happening, use strace and wireshark on the
client-side to start with to fully see what the time is spent on. That's a lot
better than just assuming or guessing.

My Favorite for such a job is the proxy webscarab:
dawes.za.net/rogan/webscarab

Greetings,
Alexander

--
Deutsche Telekom AG
Seamless ICT Security Infrastructure & Management