Re: The HTTPS CURL get slower than HTTP CURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 14:41:23 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Sagar Hagawne wrote:

> if i am using the http as a protocol it just grab the values in a few
> seconds(3 to 4) but using https its a big issue around 40 sec it takes when
> i am calling curl_easy_perform(curl) why so?

HTTPS implies a few extra round-trips and more CPU processing in both ends,
but it really shouldn't make any significant difference speedwise.

My only explanation is that the server is very very slow. You can investigate
the network details with a tool like wireshark to figure out the exact details
that go over the wire.