Re: Different behaviour of file upload with NTLM/Negotiate proxy authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 00:24:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, Markus Moeller wrote:

> The problem I have is that my proxy is configured in a way that it only
> challenges the client when it POSTS a word document. So it means when the
> first POST request is made the uploaded file needs to be included.

Aha. This zero content-length POST request is because curl knows that the
first NTLM request will get another 401 so it makes no point in passing along
any data then.

This is a tiny shortcut and yes it does cause problems at times, like for your
case here. You can probably get around it by asking for --anyauth or similar
as then curl won't try that shortcut.