Upload File To BigIP SSL SharePoint 2010 Library Using cURL

From: Cynthia Haselton <chaselton_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 13:50:46 +0000

Since I downloaded the Windows port of cURL from this site and spent a lot of time beating my head against the wall when trying to figure out how to use it to upload to SharePoint, I subscribed to this mailing list specifically to post the solution. Hopefully others working on this problem will find this message.

SYNTAX

curl -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt --sslv3 -k --ntlm -u : --upload-file file.xlsx https://sharepoint-server.domain.com/foo/bar/Library%20Name/file.xlsx

NOTES

-k is not necessary if you are working with a valid certificate chain
-u : assumes you're using the same credentials with which you are running cURL
The settings for the SharePoint library I uploaded to were as follows:
                No document versioning
                No content approval required
                No check-out required
--sslv3 may not be required, adjust as necessary