curl does not output the right url content

From: KingTut <joewhatofflineconnection_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 17:37:07 +0200

Hi list, I'm very new to this and i don't know if this is the right place to ask my question.

I'm using curl/7.21.4 on os x 10.7.5

i have a problem when i

check=$(curl url --verbose)
echo $check

this works fine and outputs the file content to the terminal, but if i change the content of the url and then do it again curl keeps outputting the old content of the url and not the new. if i look in the browser the content is not the same as what curl outputs.

is this because there is some sort of cache of the url? is it possible to clear this? - it seem like if a wait a few minutes it will output the updated content.

/joe